iOS 16.1 is right here and accessible to obtain for developer beta testers. As we anticipated, the replace consists of a variety of adjustments and options. These embrace updates to options already included in iOS 16, the addition of options introduced at WWDC in June, and extra. Head under for the total roundup.
iOS 16.1: New options and adjustments
Clear Power Charging
iOS 16.1 provides the brand new Clear Power Charging characteristic that Apple first introduced earlier this week. The corporate says that this characteristic goals to “scale back your carbon footprint” by “selectively charging when decrease carbon emission electrical energy is on the market.”
Yow will discover the toggle for this setting within the “Battery” menu of the Settings app and tapping the “Battery Well being and Charging” possibility.
Apple Pockets app could be deleted
As 9to5Mac first reported would occur, iOS 16.1 now lets customers delete the Pockets app for the primary time. As you’d count on, deleting the Pockets app means you will not be capable of use a variety of completely different options, together with Apple Pay, Apple Money, and Apple Card.
Battery share for extra iPhones
The favored battery share icon has been added to extra iPhones. After first launching late within the iOS 16 beta cycle, the battery share icon can also be now accessible on the iPhone XR, the iPhone 11, the iPhone 12 mini, and iPhone 13 mini.
Extra Lock Display screen adjustments
One of many marquee options of iOS 16 is the flexibility to customise your Lock Display screen. With iOS 16.1, Apple is making a change to make it clear the way to customise the Lock Display screen wallpaper versus the Residence Display screen wallpaper.
Once you long-press on the Lock Display screen and select the “Customise” button, you will now see two clear choices: one to customise the Lock Display screen wallpaper, and one other to customise the Residence Display screen wallpaper.
Dwell Actions API
The Dwell Actions API has returned with the discharge of the primary iOS 16.1 developer beta. Apple says:
Uncover how one can construct Dwell Actions in your apps utilizing the brand new ActivityKit framework, now accessible in iOS 16.1 beta and Xcode 14.1 beta. Dwell Actions assist individuals preserve monitor of your app’s content material with actual time updates. Your app’s Dwell Actions show on the Lock Display screen and in Dynamic Island — a brand new design that introduces an intuitive, pleasant approach to expertise iPhone 14 Professional and iPhone 14 Professional Max.
Dwell Actions are much more necessary now than they had been when Apple first introduced them at WWDC. The iPhone 14 Professional and iPhone 14 Professional Max can combine Dwell Actions from third-party apps proper into the Dynamic Island, supplying you with a straightforward approach to sustain with issues like trip share, sports activities scores, navigation, and extra.
Early indicators of Matter for the Residence app
iOS 16.1 and iPadOS 16.1 additionally embrace the very early help for Matter good house equipment. Matter is a brand new good house commonplace that goals to enhance cross-platform compatibility for the preferred classes of equipment.
This characteristic remains to be in its early days and Apple has some particulars in its launch:
- To pair Matter equipment, a profile should first be put in in your gadget.
- Eradicating Apple Residence from the Matter accent Related Providers menu in Residence doesn’t take away the accent tile.
- You may obtain an alert to activate Wi-Fi when pairing a Matter accent.
- Adjusting the colour or shade temperature may lead to an surprising shade set on a Matter accent.
- Accent particulars may not open if a Matter accent is unreachable.
- You may be unable to pair a Matter accent if the accent is already paired to a third-party ecosystem.
- The gadget that initiates the pairing wants to make use of the identical iCloud account as the house hub. Solely the proprietor of a house, not an invited consumer, can pair Matter equipment.
Stage Supervisor tweaks in iPadOS 16.1
For iPad customers, in the present day’s launch of the brand new iPadOS 16.1 beta features a few adjustments to Stage Supervisor. As noted by Federico Viticci on Twitterlisted below are the adjustments:
- The button so as to add extra home windows to a stage lastly works. Home windows open with a “curtain” animation and present you the app switcher.
- Seeing all open home windows for a similar app is simpler than earlier than. You’ll be able to click on an app’s dock icon or use the Globe-Down hotkey. That “space” at all times features a + button to create a brand new window.
- Now you can drag home windows from the iPad to an exterior show with Stage Supervisor.
Regardless of these new options, Viticci says that Stage Supervisor remains to be extremely buggy. We’re nonetheless anticipating a launch someday in October.
- There is a redesigned menu for screenshots.
- The icon within the Music app is bigger in your linked headphones.
- New possibility in Settings > Sport Middle for “Permit discovering by associates.”
Spot another adjustments in in the present day’s launch of iOS 16.1 beta 1? Tell us within the feedback under or on Twitter @9to5Mac. Keep tuned for our full hands-on protection with the brand new releases proper right here at 9to5Mac in the present day and all through the remainder of the week.
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. Sea.
Try 9to5Mac on YouTube for extra Apple information: